THE IMPORTANCE OF HIRING A CATHOLIC PHOTOGRAPHER FOR YOUR CATHOLIC WEDDING
First of all, if you’re reading this, I believe a congratulations is in order. You’re getting married! This is huge! I know we don’t know each other yet, but I promise I’m praying for you (and geeking out at such a big moment in your life!).
This series is all about my best tips for wedding planning, so if you’re about to start the process or are already in it, grab a notebook because you won’t want to miss a thing!
This post is written for my Catholic ladies out there, but it can apply across the board to anyone who is having a religious ceremony. Finding a photographer who shares your beliefs can boost your experience a hundredfold. Read on to find out how…
1. Personal Advice: Catholic photographers know the ins and outs of your unique day better than anyone else. They know the Mass, they understand the timeline, and they can give such good advice that is specific to you.
2. Respect + Understanding of the Sacrament: Catholic photographers can ease everyone’s mind on the day of—including the celebrant. Many priests + deacons can understandably be on edge about the actions of the couple’s photographer during the ceremony, whether that’s being too close to the altar or interfering with the Sacrament in other ways. Having a Catholic photographer who understands the importance of the rituals of the Church can change all that, and it can make the day more enjoyable for you, your guests, and your celebrant.
3. Connection + Prayers in the Process: Your Catholic photographer can connect with you throughout the process on such a deeper level. I’ve prayed with + for my couples before shoots and before their big day, and having that special connection with them is invaluable to me. It truly brings so much meaning + life to my work.
4. Telling Your Story: Your Catholic photographer is best equipped to tell your story, and to do it justice. You can share so much more of the details of your relationship with them because they understand, and it brings them so much joy to see couples so grounded in the Lord. Trust me, I know.
5. Expert Experience: Catholic photographers likely have a lot of experience with Church weddings and know where to stand and how to adjust their settings for the (oftentimes not ideal) lighting that is present in many churches. This way, you won’t have to worry about your photographer being thrown off by the set up or the lighting in that beautiful church you choose for your ceremony.
As you can see, having a Catholic photographer can truly change the game for you both in how you plan for and how you look back on such a special moment in your relationship.
If you think I might be the Catholic photographer for you + your person, check out my portfolio or reach out with my
"book me" button!